Monday, January 21, 2013

Replicating Perfection

Have you ever had a plate of goodness that you simple cannot replicate no matter what.  Even if you have the exact recipe, the same ingredients, and even the same cooking pan and STILL you can't make it come out the same.  I have had this experience with several of my grandmother's recipes, which I am certain many have.  This weeks test of recipe that I can not replicate no matter how hard I try is my friend Nickole's Roasted Chicken Wings.  I went got a package of extra large chicken wings and drumettes prepared to try this mixture again.  They are just never as good as hers. I don't know if there is an ingredient that she is not telling me about or if I am missing a step but they just are not hers.  But here it is and see if you have better luck than I.

Nickole's Roasted Chicken Wings.

Extra large chicken wings
melted butter to coat
granulated garlic
onion powder
salt
pepper
season salt

Coat wings in a thin drizzle of butter.  Liberally dust the wings in the seasonings. Place in a roasting pan and add a little chicken stock to cover the bottom of the pan.  Roast in a 350 degree oven for 1hr 30 mins.  uncovered. And enjoy.

Like typically great recipes it is vague in it's measurements and full of potential error and yet contains gold if only you have the right touch. Seems easy enough but Nickole's will make you cry for joy and mine are just so so. Good luck and hopefully were I have failed you will find success.   

1 comment:

  1. ooooh. These sound so delightful! Time for a store run...

    ReplyDelete